October 14, 2009

FRUSTRATION is the word of the day.

First; Princess has regressed back again. We are thinking it's because of the Amoxicillin or I guess it could be the Motrin. We really don't know what caused it, but it's not good. She sometimes looks at us like she doesn't even know us. She has forgot signs until we reminder her by asking what she wants and trying to guess. She's throwing fits and wakes up grouchy.

This morning I woke up to Little Prince giving me a kiss to wake me up. What a wonderful way to wake up. Princess was another story. We tried to wake her up slowly by turning on the hallway light, which shines into her room but not on her bed. She seemed to be waking up nicely until she actually got up. All she did was cry. I thought maybe she had to go potty but she cried the whole time she was on the potty and still didn't pee. We thought maybe she was thirsty..no, maybe hungry...no. In fact, she cried all the way through breakfast - sucking the syrup off her GFCF pancakes. Finally we had to head out the door for our long ride to their parental visit. Both of them were good almost the whole way.

Little Prince fell asleep until we got off the exit. For the first time ever, when he asked me if we were going to the store, I told him we were going to see his mommy. I shouldn't have done that. We got to the facility, that supervises the visits, and were told that last week was the last visit (second frustration). I called the kids case worker to find out what was going on. By this time I was steaming. Little Prince was crying and saying he wanted to see "mommy". I told him he could go home with me and see "daddy". He said "no". I shouldn't let a 2 year old hurt my feelings but it did. I got him into his car seat and he gave me a big hug.

Anyway, I called the case worker. I had already talked to her last week about this and was told the court was not taking way visitation or counseling. She confirmed the same thing she had told me last week which was totally different than the person that supervises the visits said. So as it stands right now, there are no more visits until we hear differently, either from the case worker or the foster agency.

By the time we got home, Little Prince was full of all kinds of kisses and Princess was ready to go to school. Everything worked out fine. The kids were exhausted by the end of the day and both of them went to bed right after their showers. I just hope their not up in the middle of the night.

The moral of this blog entry is for new foster parents. Confirm visits and if there is conflicting information, let the foster agency figure it out.


  1. And even if you confirm with the worker...never tell the kids there is a visit until you pull into the agency parking lot. And,...even then tell them that "we will see if mom/dad made it today or not." LOL!

  2. Hi - I'm not sure if you saw my reply or not but wanted to let you know I responded to your question on my blog regarding my thoughts on antibiotics and regression.

    Although I do feel antibiotics can definitely play a part in regressions in children with ASD's, it seems by your post after this one that that may not be the case in this particular regression - and that is good to hear because there's nothing worse than thinking that if our children become sick, we have the choice of letting them be sick without any medication OR giving them medication and possibly seeing regressions. That's not really a choice.

    Anyway, glad to hear Princess is doing well and seems to be handling the amoxicillin well.