February 17, 2009

Baby Bed

I've been checking out crib sheets at different stores and online. They're a lot more pricey than I thought they would be. I wondered into a used kids store and found 3, almost new, crib sheets for under $5. I bought all three! Two are white and the other is more of a pink color. I figured I'm going to need at least three, if not more. Yesterday I made up the bed with one of the sheets and a piece of fleece I had bought.

I want to make one of those tie together fleece blankets but I wasn't sure how much fabric I was going to need. I went to the fabric store about 3 times to check out the fleece and finally I found what I wanted and it was on sell. I asked the lady if she had a suggestion for how much I need. I picked out a front color and a back color. I got about 1.5 yards of each. The lady suggested that I cut the "ties" only about 2" since we don't know if the child will still be "sucking". I never thought about it but one of those longer 4" ties could be swallowed and someone could choke!! I haven't cut the fleece yet but maybe I'll do it this weekend. I haven't bought any toys but I've sure been tempted.

One of the people I work with brought in a trunk load of toys today. We went and transfered it from their trunk to mine. There's a doll house, a little grocery cart, a basket of toys, a tent that fits over a bed (I think) and a crib bumper pad of Mickey Mouse (Mickey - cool!). I know more people are giving us stuff. The room will be so full of stuff there won't be any room to play!!

February 4, 2009

Oh no, it's going to take forever...

I spoke with Linda yesterday to find out the next step. One of the things we have to do is either get physicals or at least find out if our family doctor will sign a form affirming that we are in good health. We have the same doctor but I saw his nurse practitioner last time and I think she will be able to go by the last visit for my form but I think they will want to see DH. Also, we have to have our four furry kids in for their shots. DH is taking the girls on Tuesday for updated shots including rabies and we will take the boys in March. Otherwise there is a few things I have to collect like proof of insurance and our daycare plans. I'm sure I can wait on picking a daycare until March or even April (we won't be licensed until the end of April). We probably won't have a placement until mid-May.

I spoke with my dad last night and he won't be able to visit until the first week in May. He will be here for at least two weeks. I was really hoping it would be the end of April but it just won't work out. Anyway, DH and I both feel we should not accept get a placement while he's here. A new placement might work out fine but then again the child could have a harder time adjusting if their is another adult in the house. Also, Dad would have to share a room if the placement is a boy. Our luck they will call us with a placement and it will end up being a baby and I won't want to say "no". I guess whatever is meant to be will be. It's in God's hands.