January 1, 2009

Dad approves?

During my conversation with Dad, on Sunday, he asked me what's happening with the foster parent thing (or something like that). I told him where we were and that we're suppose to meet with Linda next Monday. He asked me all kinds of questions that I didn't have answers to like "does the agency know the back grounds of the kids?, how do they match the kids with the foster parents? are the kids screened for self injury issues?". My guess is that it would depend on the situation. If the kid(s) are taken out of their home during a police matter, like drugs or violates, then they probably don't have much back ground information. Maybe it depends on if the child (children) are long term or short term placements. Linda told us they try to match the child and the foster family as much as possible but I wonder if it means they pull the child out of a foster home if they find a better match somewhere else? I don't think they should move a child if there's not a problem but I don't know what actually happens. Dad saw a lot of troubled youths when he worked for the state but those were older kids not like the four and under that we would be getting. Now, on the other hand, I think my brother is worried about how we will feel when the little ones have to leave. I'm concerned about that also but I won't know exactly how it is until it happens for the first time. That's just part of being a foster parent.

I see all the pictures of kids during Christmas from the varies blogs I follow and I can't wait to have my own, to take pictures of. Of course, I won't be allowed to share them with anyone but I can have our own private memory book to keep.

PS. I haven't discussed foster care with Mom yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment