September 20, 2009

Slow start..maybe for the best.

I talked to the DC owner this morning telling her that Princess had a bad night. I couldn't get her to sleep until around 10pm. All she did was cry and I mean really cry. I thought maybe she had a tummy ache or something like that but I never did figure out what was wrong. I have a thing about not letting them cry themselves to sleep but finally I had to just put her to bed and leave it at that. She was asleep within 5-10 minutes. Princess has been on the GFCF diet a little over two days now and that could be what was wrong. I thought maybe she was over tired, having to get up so early yesterday but DC lady told me that Princess took a nap yesterday (unusual). Then DC lady told me what she gave Princess for lunch - Manwich and broccoli with cheese! NO DAIRY!! I reminder her of the no dairy "rule". She felt bad. The more I thought about it, it wasn't the end of the world. We really want to do this but maybe easing into it will be better for Princess.

Today I printed a list I found on the Internet of the foods to stay away from. I hope this helps. DH and I want to do anything to make it easier for the school and DC. Even if we have to send food along for meals. Princess only goes to school for about 3 hours a day so she really only eats a snack. Last night could also be because she is withdrawing from the gluten and casein. As far as I understand, it acts like Morphine in her system. That could explain why she doesn't cry when she gets hurt. She bumped her head the other day and didn't make a peep. If Little Prince had done that, he would have screamed!

Speaking of Little Prince, I have never seen anyone fall down or bump into things as much as he does. He had bruises up and down his legs. He runs into walls because he looks back at something or someone and doesn't watch where he's going. He also can not shake this cold he has. I'm not sure if it's a cold or allergies. It doesn't seem to be effecting his sleep. Once in a while he asks us to "suck it out". We use a bulb syringe. He's real good about holding still and putting his head back. Gosh I love that little guy. Oh, both of them have been sleeping though the night (no parental visits for the past two weeks).

No comments:

Post a Comment