December 29, 2008

Something to write about?


Well, first thing this morning I had to take our fuzzy boy child to the eye vet for his 6 month check up. He had eye surgery back in February. His pressures are fine He just has a little cloudiness behind the lens but nothing to worry about right now. The picture is him with a cooled eye mask on prior to his surgery. His eyes were all red and irritated. I remember I thought it was funny that he let me put it on him and then went right to sleep.
On the way back from the vet I called Linda at the foster care agency. Linda finally received the last reference back. She told me she was planning on calling us today. The next step is a two hour meeting which we plan on doing next Monday. Linda will have a packet ready for me to pick up tomorrow. She said there are a bunch of questions to fill out and some of them are kind of invasive. I guess I'll find out how invasive tomorrow. We also have to have a child care plan and a fire escape plan. The child care plan doesn't have to be detailed so I don't have to find a day care quite yet.


I have to tell you, I can't stay off "Craig's List"! I think I check it at least once a day. Today I bought a little table with 2 chairs for $35. I trying to arrange to pick it up tomorrow. We're really looking for a crib that converts to a toddler bed. We don't want to buy one or the other because we don't know how old of a child we will have. If anyone has a comment about how old a child usually is when they can be switched from a crib to a toddler bed please leave a comment. Any information is welcome. Both DH & I are going to be new parents from scratch. Foster parents that is and neither one of us know what is age appropriate. I can't wait until we get our first placement and I have something to write about every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment