December 23, 2008

December 23, 2008

I can't believe Christmas is right around the corner. I can't keep thinking about the possibility of having a child in our home next Christmas. I know we can't reflect our religious beliefs onto a foster child but I hope they believe in the joy of Christmas. DH and I have never had the opportunity to have Santa come to our house for a little one.

On another note, I called Linda yesterday to see if she received all the references back. The only one she has not received back is from one of DH friends, who has an adopted daughter. I would have thought he would have been the first to send it back. Linda said she will let me know when it arrives. She also added that our friend "Cheri" wrote the story about the baby duck on the back of the paper along with some other nice stuff. I will post the story about the duck soon. After I let DH know about the call to Linda, DH called "Sam" to ask about the paperwork. Sam said he personally took it to the post office. Hopefully it didn't get lost and it's just late because of all the holiday mail. It just seems like everything is moving so slow. I guess I'm the type of person that wants everything right now. I didn't think I was impatient but I guess I am.

So much for getting rid of the double bed and getting bunk beds. Sis is making me a quilt for our spare room that "will look wonderful" on the bed. I didn't have the heart to tell her we were planning to change the room. She's been working on the quilt since January! I guess I could always get a wall hanging quilt rack if we don't keep the bed. Time will tell.


No comments:

Post a Comment