November 14, 2009

No New Mommy!

You know from my last entry that we will be moving into a bigger house with more than enough room for more children. Well, while we were looking at the house, I asked Little Prince which room he wanted for his room. He kept saying "no" to every room I asked him about even though three of the rooms were decorated in small children themes. I thought; no big deal, he can pick later.

As DH was in talking to Linda, I put the kids into their car seats. Little Prince told me he wanted a new mommy. I asked him what he said and he said it again but wouldn't tell me why. He actually told me to go away and he wanted a new mommy! I tried not to let it bother me but it hurt me for him to say that. And yes, I know he's only two but it still hurt. When DH got out to the car I told him what Little Prince had said. DH asked him about it and when LP reiterated what he had told me, DH told him that wasn't very nice. We decided to drop it because maybe LP didn't know what he was saying.

The next day, Little Prince was talking about not having his TV anymore, his movies anymore and so on. As he's talking to us about this, it dawned on DH, Little Prince thought he was leaving us and moving in with a new family! You should have seen the look on his face when DH and I told him we were all moving and that we will never send him away and we will always be his mommy and daddy. The smile on his face was priceless! For the last few days that's all he talks about..."I take my movies and Daddy and Mommy and "Princess" and ____ (insert pet names). This is going to work out so good. Little Prince will have children in a safe neighborhood to play with and have the experience of multiple brothers and sisters.

I thought once we told the agency we would take the house, we would be nervous but either one of us are having negative feelings. Like DH said, someone is looking over us up there. This is what we were meant to do. I always knew that there was a reason why we couldn't get pregnant, this must be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment